- Editor-At-Large. Create, develop and produce new editorial products and content. January 2016-present.
- Money News Anchor, WTOP 103.5 FM. Writes and delivers money news reports on-air weekday mornings on Washington’s top-rated news radio station. November 2014-January 2016.
- Assistant Managing Editor, Video. Lead video creative process, production and strategy for news organization. Increased monthly video views by 217% in one year. Shoot, edit and produce multiple videos per day. Track video analytics and results. March 2013-November 2014.
- Special Projects Producer. Oversee all editorial elements for Business Journal events, including video production, print publications, social media and event presentations. Report and shoot photos for the Back Page, a weekly networking and society two-page spread, including original column and photography. January 2012-March 2013.
- Media Strategy Manager. Supervise editorial social media efforts, including Twitter feeds, Facebook fan interaction and local blogger outreach. Serve as face of the WBJ in the community. Analyze site traffic through Omniture. Shoot and create multimedia packages, including online slideshows (recognized by the Virginia Press Association) and videos. Increase reporter appearances by developing relationships with local television, radio and online media. January 2010-present.
- Staff Reporter. Write features for three sections of weekly business newspaper: Focus, which explores trends in different industries each week; Business Smarts, a service-oriented section that offers tools and strategies for readers to better manage their businesses and careers; and the Back Page, a weekly society photo page and column. File print and Web stories, including trend features, corporate profiles, news updates and book reviews. Shoot and edit on-camera video interviews for Web site. March 2005-December 2009.
- Executive Director. Managed all aspects of educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with 1,300 active members. Developed marketing, fundraising and communications strategies. Served as media spokesperson. Organized and ran educational programs. Developed and fulfilled sponsorship proposals. Managed client relationships and full-time and volunteer staff. Coordinated publications and fundraising events. April 2002-March 2005.
CLEAR CHANNEL ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION (FORMERLY SFX ENTERTAINMENT, INC.), Washington, D.C.
- Associate Director, Programming and Creative Development. Conceived, developed and executed original programming within the Clear Channel Communications family and external outlets. Explored and developed multi-departmental synergies. Wrote treatments, scripts and pitches for broadcast and cable networks. Researched stories and potential television concepts. June 2001-March 2002.
- Associate Producer. Supervised all facets of The ATP Tour on FOX Sports Net, an annual series of thirty live telecasts. Managed all aspects of 35 person production crew including equipment, travel, sponsorship and technical. Directed integration of broadcast projects from development to completion. Managed annual budget of more than $1 million. Responsible for servicing international clients. Facilitated production of live telecasts distributed to more than 180 countries, including the NCAA Final Four and Boston Marathon World Feeds. Contributed to development of various corporate consulting promotions for clients, including Hershey’s, Staples and Claritin. Wrote and produced corporate promotional videos. Designed departmental marketing materials. October 1997-June 2001.
ONESUCH FILMS/WILDLIFE PICTURES, INC., New York, New York
- Staff Production Coordinator/Assistant to Executive Producer. Assisted Executive Producer and Director of Sales in growth and development of newly formed music video production company. Responsibilities included on-staff production coordination, editing/designing treatments and publicity materials, and supervision of production assistants. July 1996-June 1998.
- Writing/Production: Grandparents.com, “The McLaughlin Group,” HBO Sports, FOX Sports Net, OneSuch Films/Wildlife Pictures. Website updating. Freelance newsletter and commercial copy/script writing.
HBO SPORTS, New York, New York
- “Countdown to Bowe-Holyfield III.” Production Assistant. Researched footage and information for half-hour syndicated show. Coordinated and oversaw editing processes. Assisted producers with organizational logistics. August 1995-November 1995.
- 1995 and 1997 Wimbledon Coverage, Wimbledon, England. Production Assistant/Runner. Financed own way abroad to participate in all areas of live remote. Worked extensively with nightly highlights show. Summers of 1995 and 1997.
- HBO East Coast Productions, Intern. Assisted with pre-production of Wimbledon coverage, “Inside the NFL”, and field shoots. Production Assistant on â€œSnapsâ€ and Riddick Bowe vs. Buster Mathis. Summer 1994.
JIM HENSON PRODUCTIONS, New York, New York
- Intern, Assistant to Studio Coordinator. Assisted with daily studio management, conducted casting calls, and aided overall studio coordination. Production Assistant on FOX and ABC network productions. Summer, 1993.
WJPZ-FM RADIO, Syracuse, New York
- Vice President of Operations. Oversaw operations, engineering, legal, and public relations departments. Mediated internal conflicts. Organized annual alumni banquet for 200+. Managed staff of 25. March 1993-May 1994.
- Deejay. CHR afternoon drive shift. Produced morning drive show. Fall 1991-1993.
Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
Master of Science, August 1995
Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Science, May 1994
Major: Television-Radio-Film Production
Magna Cum Laude
Mac/Windows software: Microsoft Office, HTML, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote. Video/audio editing: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and After Effects. Skilled photographer and videographer. Dynamic on-air presentation style.
Recognized by Arlington County as a 2017 â€œWoman of Vision.â€ Two time Knight Digital Media Center Fellow. 2010 Washington Business Journal Employee of the Year. Multiple honors from Virginia Press Association, Maryland-D.C. Press Association and Society for Professional Journalists for feature writing, column writing, arts & entertainment writing and video and multimedia production, including video named â€œBest in Showâ€ across all categories. Newhouse School Freshman of the Year. Louise Schiavone Prize for an outstanding Junior Woman in Newhouse. One of 12 Newhouse Scholars for graduating class. Dean’s Service Award for Outstanding Service to the Newhouse School. President, Newhouse Student Representative Committee.
- Member of the Leadership Greater Washington Class of 2017.
- Washington PBS affiliate WETA Community Advisory Council, 2002-2017.
- Women in Film & Video, Washington, DC. Vice President, Communications, Board Member, 1998-2002.
- WJPZ Alumni Association, Board Member and Fundraising Chair, 2005-2011.
- Five-time Marine Corps Marathon finisher.